Pages

Thursday, August 4, 2011

I'm back....for real this time!

Well friends...I'm back! I see that it's been almost 8 months since my last post and that was just a video of Z Bug. Wow has he changed in 8 months!! Getting back to the blogging world is something I've been contemplating for quite a while. I'm such a private person and tend to keep things all to myself except for a few close friends and family members. But, I don't journal and I feel like this is such a great way to record life and be able to look back at everything. So I decided to give it another go around. I even thought about creating a whole new blog and even took the steps in doing so, but decided to stay here after all. I also decided to keep the title "Island" of love life and learning. Our little island of Okinawa is where our family pretty much began and I'd like to remember it that way. I have so many things I feel like I need to catch everyone up on but that will come in future posts. I won't try to fill in all the missing gaps at one time, so if you're reading a post and are completely lost about something, feel free to comment and ask any questions you want. Our life is crazy complicated to try to keep up with. ;)

For those of you who don't know, I am currently living in Dallas, Texas with Izaak and Maverick while John is finishing up his tour in Okinawa. We are here due to Maverick's health issues and have been apart from John for 4 months. He will finally be coming home next month!! In fact, I'm actually getting ready to go see him 4 weeks from today! I don't remember something I've ever been so excited about in my life I don't think. I left there not knowing I wasn't going to be going back to say goodbye. It's so emotional for me every time I think of Okinawa. There my home still is with all my things in it. There are the friends I left, some of which I know I'll never see again. There John and I lived the longest together. There our 2 precious boys were born. I very much consider that my home and our beginning. I will forever hold a special place in my heart for Okinawa; my Okinawa. My husband laughs at me when I remember the place with such fondness because he likes to bring up the times I cried and complained and wanted to "go home" so badly. I'm not saying that every single day there was a bed of roses. I definitely went through some cabin fever and rough times. But overall, I'm so happy that I got the amazing opportunity to live there, and I hope that one day we can be stationed there again.

Well I guess that's all for this time. I'm actually really looking forward to making frequent posts here now and I'm glad that I'll have an outlet for stories, pictures, memories, and whatever is on my heart. Thanks for following! :)

3 comments:

  1. YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY!!!!!!!!!!! I'm SOOO happy your back! Your life is so crazy and INTERESTING and even though I know all the details already...I can't wait to follow along on here too. :) Yay!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know what you mean about Oki! I really can't wait to get home, but it's not about leaving Okinawa, it's about starting the new chapter of our lives. I am so excited for it, and feel we are called to it. But I will surely miss this beautiful place, and fondly remember our days here. Yes, even the typhoons, haha. Where else do the Marines get days off so frequently because of the weather? Hahaha! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Woohoo, welcome back!! I know what you mean about "home" and how our concept of that can change so much in a relatively short period of time. Somehow the place where our family exists becomes home, no matter where we might've spent the whole of our lives.

    ReplyDelete