Pages

Friday, February 10, 2012

What I Did During My "Lunch Break"

Just in case you wonder what us stay at home moms do to pass the time, here is how my "lunch break" went today. I didn't get a text from John saying he was on his way home so I took the kids out for some sunshine right as he was pulling in the driveway. I decided to just stay outside with them for about 20 minutes then I hauled everything back in. I fixed Mav a snack while I fixed Izaak's lunch. After I peeled and sliced the orange that Izaak asked me for, he told me he didn't want it after all. Mav is now fussing some more so I fix him something else. I heat up my pizza while John tries to tell me a story and after a couple bites I decide to try and give Mav some peanut butter on little balls of bread for the first time ever. John is annoyed and stops his story while I do this. I tell him to please keep going; I can multi task very well. I keep feeding Mav these balls of peanut butter bread when I finally realize, he's really not chewing and swallowing them that fast. His retarded mom forgot that he has an abnormally high-arched palate and it's ALL going up in there! I then proceed to dig it out and almost lose a finger. Mav is screaming now and I go make him a bottle. John now leaves to go back to work. He's been here an entire lunch break and I haven't gotten more than 2 bites of my lunch because I've been scurrying around so much taking care of everyone. I kiss him goodbye, give Mav the bottle, reheat my pizza and sit down at the computer. Only then I realize someone has been waiting for me to pay them on paypal for like the last half hour. I put down my fork and start working on that. But THEN...the doorbell rings. It's the exterminator. I forgot he was coming today. Duh! I then go to get the dogs out of the back yard to bring them in. I get one in the cage and go chase the other one. He proceeds to pee in the floor. I go to put him in the cage and the other one runs out. I'm now fighting BOTH of them to get back in the cage and didn't know Izaak was behind me and I ended up slamming his head into the door while wresting with these very large four month old Great Danes. I pick him up, kiss his head, put him down, clean up the pee, wash my hands, reheat my pizza and...I still haven't finished it because I just had to write this down before I forgot and I just wanted to let you people know...in case you were wondering...what it is I do all day. And that my friends...was only about an hour of my day. It typically goes from 7 am to 9 pm. Gotta love a stay at home mommy of little ones. :)

1 comment:

  1. Oh boy. I will say this and only this: I SO understand.

    ReplyDelete