Pages

Wednesday, January 14, 2009

Playing the Waiting Game

Well *someone* said I should update my blog. :) But there really isn't much to report. Monday I killed myself cleaning the house and now I'm trying to keep it as neat as possible because I CAN'T STAND when it's messy and I don't want to leave for the hospital with a messy house. Cause I know I won't be able to clean for a little while after I give birth and then we're having company for a month straight. Well actually from Jan 31st - Mar 5th with like 5 days break in between. *whew* Anyway, so yesterday I did my big PX run (for those of you who don't know what a PX is, it's like a very small store that has some essentials in it such as clothes, personal hygiene stuff, cleaning supplies, electronics, etc). Kinda like Wal-Mart but about 1,000 times smaller! And went to the furniture store to once again try to find a rug for our living room (they come and go so fast and I've been looking for one since we got here!) Then to the commissary (military grocery store). I was pretty tired after that. And then my husband made me walk I don't even know HOW MANY stairs last night before I went to bed! He's gonna try to do it again tonight but I'm going to fight him on it. haha. He is definitely more anxious to get this baby out than I am now!! I think he's just ready to get out of work. haha. And then today I mostly relaxed and talked on the phone a lot. When John got home we went to another base to their PX so John could look for a PS3 game and guess what?? I FINALLY found a rug!! I think I like it. We just rolled it out so I'm getting used to it. Oh yeah and I got some baby blue nail polish because our PX didn't have any and I've been wanting some so I can paint my toenails for the birth. So as you can tell...my life is pretty boring right now because I'm just PLAYING THE WAITING GAME!! I know he'll be ready when he's ready and I'm just trying to enjoy these last days of my free time and independence. But I'm ready to get the labor and birth part over with and I'm SO ready to see my son!! It is sad that I won't have any friends or family here when he's born (unless he holds out until my parents get here). And I have a couple friends here who I know will visit. But I wish all my girls back home could be here. :( I guess facebook pics and messages will have to do for now. Well I'm HOPING the next time I post something, it's a LOT more exciting than this! haha.

3 comments:

  1. Biz! Thanks for updating, even though I talked to you last night and pretty much knew everything that you wrote. Lol I still love reading people's blogs! Love you and hope Izaak-Poo comes SOON! And tell your hubby to let up on you (though I doubt he will)!

    ReplyDelete
  2. yea! i've been thinking about you alot...
    make sure you take a picture of your toes!
    love you! xo

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for the update! He'll be here before we know it! I can't believe it. Goodness, it seems like forever ago that you were here with me at the Rawley's eating tomato sandwiches and fishing in the pond. haha, oh the summer days.
    LOVE

    ReplyDelete