Pages

Saturday, January 7, 2012

Exhausted

I'm exhausted. In just about every way I can be. We've lived in this house for 6 weeks and I'm still not done unpacking and putting things away. I try a little bit every day (when I feel motivated). But with John not coming home until 7:00 or later every night and 2 toddlers under toe every day all day, it's really hard to do and I just get frustrated. Today was going to be the day to REALLY get it all done. I was determined. But things did not go as planned. Kids were still under toe. And I cannot shake this tiredness. It's 6:30 pm and literally all I can think about is curling up in bed and watching tv until I fall asleep. Football is on in the living room and kids are fussing. Not a place I want to be right now. Also feeling a little guilty for feeding my (almost) 3 year old greasy cheese bread sticks for supper. Ah well. I cooked good wholesome meals all week so I feel pretty good about that. And I'm trying to decide if I want to try a new church tomorrow or just stay here and get more done on the house. *sigh* That's another thing that makes me exhausted...church hunting. We've done it our WHOLE marriage and NEVER found a church we could call home. That my friends, will wear you down pretty quickly. And I should mention that the churches here take up ONE page in the yellow pages. Yes...one. And that includes the other 2 towns down the road. This is a tiny place! So the one we're wanting to try (and the 4th one we will have tried here), if it doesn't work out, I'm really not sure what we'll end up doing.

Anyway, on a cute note, here's a pic I took of Mav as he was playing "shut the door in Mom's face" from the laundry room. He was getting such a kick out of it! That boy is making my heart happy lately with how much he's developing and doing new and exciting things! :)

3 comments:

  1. Hang in there! You are doing a great job! That pic is so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  2. hide and seek...I'll start counting now and hope he finds me!!!

    ReplyDelete