Pages

Wednesday, December 17, 2008

40 days and 40 nights

....that's how much longer i have before my little man is due! in a way it seems like it will NEVER get here and i will ALWAYS and FOREVER be pregnant! but it's really just around the corner! i'm trying to enjoy the last few weeks i have of no crying, no breast feeding, etc. but as far as sleep, i'm not getting much of that these days so it really doesn't matter. at least i can attempt to take naps right now if i want to. but he usually likes to wake me up with his feet in my ribs and banging his head on my bladder or having the hiccups (which he gets all the time!!) so it's safe to say that i am now pretty darn uncomfortable and tired. but besides all that, i am SO ready to see my baby! i try to imagine what he's going to look like but i really can't. i'm anxious to see if he has hair and what color it is, what color his eyes are, who he looks most like, how much he will weigh, etc, etc. i want to hold him and kiss him so bad! at the same time i'm scared to death for him to come into this world! i think i'm starting to get mommy anxiety and i know it will only get worse! i fear everything from how will i know he's getting enough to eat? to when should i vaccinate? to will we be good parents? will he grow up being a good person? it's so exciting bringing one of God's miracles into the world but so frightening at the same time!! i guess all i can do is read books, trust my gut, and pray that we make the right decisions and do everything we can to help mold him into who he's supposed to be. well...just thought i'd put that out there. :)

2 comments:

  1. You are going to be a WONDERFUL mommy because you love him so much. Everything else will fall in place. I can't wait to see him either or kiss his face...and I've got a very long time to wait :(
    LOVE

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is so true. I had constant worries about my daughter! What if I did everything wrong? :-/ I went to classes and read all these different books and each one had a different opinion...how in the world do you know which one is right?! My Mom told me something that really helped me, and that was "YOU are her mother, not a book. You love her and are praying to do what is right, just go with your instincts." That has really worked so far!
    You are going to be great! :)

    ReplyDelete