Pages

Thursday, December 18, 2008

And His Name Shall Be........

So after 20 weeks...yes i said 20 WEEKS of discussing what our child's middle name will be and my husband saying over and over "I don't know what I want it to be", he has decided!!!!!!! I thought I was going to pass out (and it certainly didn't alleviate these contractions I've been having all night!) You ready for it??? Our son's name IS.....................

Izaak Raiden

For those of you who don't know, the 2 names we've had it narrowed down to are Raiden and John. But hubby John decided he didn't want that to be his middle name after all. Also:

1. Izaak is the German spelling of Isaac and John is German on both sides. Plus we think the spelling is really cool (although I realize people will always and forever mis-spell his name. oh well. there's about 1,000 ways to spell my name!)

2. Raiden is a unique and cute name (we think) and it's Japanese and he will be born in Japan! So that's something he will always have.

*thanks for letting me share in my excitement!!

2 comments:

  1. Yay! I think that is such a good name! I think y'all picked a good one! (People always think Merrick's name is "Merritt"...sigh. And always like to point out I have a boy's name. haha! So we are used to name spelling confusion around here too.)

    ReplyDelete
  2. YAY!!! I've loved that one since you found it. SO excited we can call him by his full name now, hehe. LOVE

    ReplyDelete