Pages

Monday, August 31, 2009

Saturday

So ever since Izaak and I got home from the states, I've been wanting to get out and DO something as a family on the weekends. But something has come up every weekend to where we haven't been able to. This weekend was free but my poor baby has a bad case of thrush in his mouth that we can't get rid of. The nurse practitioner told me it is due to the climate we live in. So I figured I probably shouldn't have him outside very much. But we decided to head down to Naha to go to a few places indoors.






Our first stop was PetBox; John's favorite place to go! Izaak has fun there too looking at all the fishies!




Then we went to the bunny store, but sorry guys, didn't get any pics there. We did get Izaak 2 cute little Japanese baby outfits. Oh the "bunny" store by the way is a baby/kids/maternity store. It's always fun to look around in there.

Next stop was Arin Krin, better known here as, "The Garlic Restaurant". Or you can just call it Aaron and Kens as my husband does. What a goof. Anyway...we met our friends The S family and the M family for some yummy dinner! I had been wanting to go here for a long time and finally made it!






There are LOTS of menu choices at very reasonable prices. John says the portions are small and that's why it's cheaper but they were plenty big for me!



We got some kind of spicy potatoes as an appetizer/side dish. They were pretty good.



I got Garlic Pasta for my entree



And John got Garlic Pizza for his entree (well one of his entrees'. I didn't get a pic of the garlic fish he got after he finished the pizza). The pizza was my fave of the night and I'm going to try to re-create it at home this week! We'll see how it turns out.



And here is Nathan and Izaak. We had to take pics of them dressed in the same exact outfit which was NOT planned. They were so cute though!



So we had a wonderful Saturday and I'm looking forward to planning next weekend! There's so much to do in Okinawa and I don't want to miss out on any of it! Oh by the way, I forgot to take my new Nikon with me that day so all these pics were taken on my iPhone. Not bad quality for a phone but I'll have to remember to bring the other one for the next weekend photo shoot!

2 comments:

  1. So glad y'all are enjoying the island! Hope we can visit sometime! Looks like losta fun! Sorry Z has mouth problems right now, poor bebe. He and his little bud look like twins...'cept Z isn't really asian. :) LOVE

    ReplyDelete
  2. Like your new background! All your adventures make me wanna travel! :) BTW, I use photoshop elements. Its a bit expensive so i got it as a gift. I was using Picasa before that, which is something you can download off the internet. It's pretty good, too! :)

    ReplyDelete