Pages

Friday, April 16, 2010

16 weeks

Well as of yesterday, I am now 16 weeks along with baby M. You still can't really tell. My belly is so much smaller than it was with Izaak. I've gained a whole pound so far! The nausea is still checking in with me in the evenings, but the last few nights haven't seemed as bad as usual. Hopefully that means we're almost done with the yuck part! We got a surprise ultrasound last week which was very fun! I asked the doctor if he could peek between the legs. He laughed and told me not to go buying pink or blue just yet. But seeing as how we found out Izaak was a boy at 14 weeks 4 days and I was then 14 weeks 5 days...I figured it was possible! We all saw what was believed to be a little BOY part...but he said the cord was down there too so he couldn't be totally sure. But he said, "If you made me bet my life on it, I would say it's a boy." So weird because I have felt so strongly that this one is a girl! But I also thought Izaak was a girl. So now I'm just confused and leaning more towards a boy. We will find out for sure when we have our anatomy ultrasound on May 17th! I can't wait!! I told my mom today that it will probably be very dangerous if it turns out to be a girl because I'm going back to the states a week after we find out and I haven't been real shopping in almost a year! So shopping deprived momma + a baby girl = "Sorry babe, I spent all our money". I've been thinking about names lately but John still doesn't want to talk about it. He has this thing with not talking about names until we know what we're having. The planner in me can't stand that! I told him that this baby will have a name before I leave for the states in May. We'll see. I came up up with a new baby girl name yesterday that I'm totally in love with now but I don't think it's going to be warmly accepted by Sgt Miller. Oh well he got to name Izaak so if it's a girl maybe it should be my turn! :) Anyway, it's very unique but very pretty (in my opinion). I really love unique but normal sounding names. Can you believe that when we named Izaak I had never heard of any other little kid with that name and now there are TWO other Isaac's in the nursery with him at church?!? Not cool! But at least he's got the unique spelling to hold onto. I love his name! Well that's all for now. I'll throw in a few pics for ya.

14 weeks 5 days
"His" little ankles are crossed!


Me at 16 weeks standing normally (not sucking it in). It definitely looks pudgier this month but still no baby bump.


Pooching my belly out as far as it could go!

3 comments:

  1. Hope you get to feeling great soon! I love that baby M!! And you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I had feelings about both my kids, and both times it was right. You never know! They said the same thing about boy parts at an ultrasound with merrick...but I am pretty sure we were seeing the cord...so it could go either way! :) Hope you start feeling better asap. Can't wait to hear what baby m is! :)

    ReplyDelete