Pages

Wednesday, April 21, 2010

New Housing Option #1

So since we're expecting baby #2, we now qualify for 3 bedroom base housing. We weren't even sure if they were going to give it to us before the baby was born, but thank goodness we were able to get on the waiting list! Our counselor at the housing office told us we would be getting a call within 2 weeks, but acted like it would be less than that. Well today makes 2 weeks. I called yesterday and left a message for her. Didn't hear back. Called again this morning and didn't get an answer. Called for a 3rd time this afternoon and finally got her! I told her that I had left a message for her yesterday (25 hours previous) but she ignored me then proceeded to look up our name and place on the list and said, "Oh yeah, your options are ready now to go look at." Umm...really? So no one cared to call and let us know that? She told me we could go look at them this afternoon or first thing in the morning and then let her know tomorrow which one we chose. So I called John and we decided to look at them today and I started getting ready. Right in the middle of brushing my teeth, the housing lady calls back and says that one of the houses won't be available to look at until May 3rd but we can look at the other one today. So I said, "Oh ok so we don't need to call you tomorrow?" She replied with, "Oh yes you still need to let me know tomorrow which one you want." I said, "....Without even seeing one of them??" She goes, "Yes." Ummm...ok. Am I surprised? NO. But that's just ridiculous! John called her back to try to sort it out but he got the same story. So he heads over to Foster housing to pick up the keys while I go to the house that supposedly we can't look at but we decided we were going to knock on the door and see if anyone was home to let us look anyway. So I'm waiting in the car when John calls and says that the house we can't see until May 3rd (the one I'm sitting at) IS open and available to look at today but the other one is occupied and they have no plans of leaving anytime soon. So he ends up staying there another half hour to figure out which house we are supposed to see. In the mean time, Izaak and I play outside and wait for him. Then he calls back and says, "Ok, the tower you're at now, we can look at it but not until Friday." Oh my goodness how could we get 3 different stories in 1 day?? And he finally figured out which number the other house was (the lady gave me the wrong number) so I met him over there. Can I say.....GHETTO!!!!! Wow I would much rather stay in my house now than move into that place! I just laughed the whole way through the house and kept saying, "NO WAY. ABSOLUTELY NOT." Thank goodness the other house is in a newer tower and is carpeted, has its own laundry room, is a bit bigger, is on the 2nd floor instead of the 9th, is closer to John's work among other things, and is not in a school zone! I can't wait to go see it! Thank you Lord that we're getting this 2nd option because I think I would have cried. I forgot my nice camera but took some pictures of this place on my iphone. Hope you get a good chuckle out of it. And sorry to my friends that are here and didn't have a choice but to live in a place like this. :(

So obviously this is the kitchen...with a washer and dryer.
Look at those counter tops!
The view from the dining room into the living room.
The living room
Izaak loved running around the empty place! This is heading down the hall from the dining/living room.
Hall bathroom.
1st spare bedroom.
John showing Izaak the view (the reason he wants this house). I could care less if I'm looking at a soccer field or a trash dump, I would just prefer to have a nicer house.
2nd spare bedroom.
Showing Izaak how to hide in those weird closets.
The master bedroom. Didn't get a good pic of it but it's pretty much like the others.
Master bath.
So what do you think? Would you have chosen option #2 even without being able to see it but just knowing it's newer and nicer? Me too!! I'll post about that house on Friday!

4 comments:

  1. Hey it actually looks nicer than where we are now! :) I am not sure what to expect next; I am just happy to be getting a three bedroom since that one woman was like, "oh well if they're both girls they can share a room!" :-/ And oh I am so hoping we get a call soon!!! My back is getting to the point where I can't do a whole lot without feeling it. :(
    I am so happy you have a nice option! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think it looks like a fine house, it just needs paint, and stuff on the walls, and it will look like home in no time, but i like it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. heh heh. amen sister. you're gonna love living in the states again aren't you honey?! :) good luck with everything.

    ReplyDelete
  4. How can they give you three different stories in one day? That's CRAZY!

    As for the house, it looks very...sterile, but not totally out there. That kitchen is a good size with a lot of counter and cabinet space, but the bathrooms are icky. Good luck on the smoothest and best transition possible!

    ReplyDelete